Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Poor Girl

So I have to be the worst Mom ever!!!!!!! Our day started out wonderful, Little Bug was all smiles and laughter this morning when I got her out of her crib. She sat in bed and snuggled with me and than we moved into the living room for breakfast. This is where the day turned from great to terrible all in an instant. I put Little Bug in her high chair to make her breakfast (like I do everyday ). This morning however I ran into our bedroom to turn on the internet, I swear I was only gone a very very short while. I heard a loud thud, which I took to mean she had pushed her tray to the floor, which is not uncommon. This happens almost daily. Than I heard a faint cry. I went into the kitchen and my poor sweet baby was not in her highchair but laying face first on the kitchen floor!!!! Oh my god! I ran to her and picked her up, checked her all over and found a very large red welt on the side of her head. Strange thing is she was hardly crying, weird because she bumps her head all the time now that she is walking and she cries like the dickens! I was, needless to say , very worried. She seemed dazed. So I snatched her up and took her straight to the ER where they did a CT scan and checked her all out. She was a little trooper despite missing her nap time AND breakfast. No cries at the ER except to protest the CT scan where I had to hold her totally still (not an easy task). Her very nice Daddy went home and got her a bottle and something to nibble on (if you notice I purposely avoided the word snack as it is my least favorite word in the English dictionary). We were home by 11 and she was napping by 11:30. I was not napping, I was a sobbing mess. My poor sweet Little Bug all crumpled on the floor just came rushing back to me and I could not control myself. Thank goodness for the calmness that is my Husband. A million things could have happened. We are so thankful it was not worse. Little B was back to her normal self after her nap (really she was herself in the ER).

Note to self NEVER EVER leave LB unattended in high chair again.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. I've let Jack fall off the couch, out of the stroller, AND out of a shopping cart at Target. He's all good. They're resilient. ;)

    ReplyDelete